Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sketchcard: Poisen Ivy and 21st Birthdays


It's kinda sneaked up on me, but in ten days, I'll be 21. It's hard to believe a year has gone by so fast. My twentieth year was a great one and it was one filled with LOTs of changes, exciting opportunities, many firsts, and a few stupid mistakes that have helped me to grow and learn more about myself and my limits. 20 was a hell of a year for me, and I'm grateful for every single day of it--the good ones, the utterly amazing ones, and even the stupid ones and the bad ones. If anything, it was very memorable.

So I'm looking forward to being 21. Not so much because of being legally allowed to drink and purchase alcohol(well...ok, maybe just a little. What 20 year old doesn't look forward to that?--rhetorical), but because I cant wait to see what new possibilities this next year will bring. :)

On that note, I have no idea what I want for my birthday. Friends and family have asked me, but other than a car, modbook, xbox 360 elite....I cant think of anything I really really want(and all of those things are way to frickin' expensive, obviously. : P ). I've never really expected presents, so I'm always a little happily surprised when I get anything, even if its a 5 dollar toy. Presents are great, but I'd just be happy if a few close friends were able to hang out on the b-day.
Still, when people DO ask I never know what to tell them. But my friend Lauren had an idea: Since it IS the big 21--ask for alcohol. Raspberry liqueur, Liqueur filled chocolates, Jack Daniels, Amaretto, Mascotto wine, Champagne, a pack of wine coolers,etc. The last thing I want to sound like is a lush and it will take me probably a whole year to even work through even a small stash, but I can't think of anything else to ask for. There's not really anything I need or want other than the things I already have.

But even if I get nothing, I'll still be a very happy and lucky girl. I already have more at the age of 20 than I could ever have asked for. :)

Alright guys,
Hope your loving life and remembering to be grateful!

Until next time,
Rachael


No comments: