Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Batgirl & Flexing the Productivity Muscles



Well, last week was a personal "8" as far as productivity goes. I pushed myself hard and, while there were a few times I slacked off(mainly because I was so tired that the page looked blurry and I needed a nap, for the most part I met last weeks main goal of five pages. That may mean a lot to a seasoned pro in the comic book industry, but for someone who still works part-time 3-4 hours a day 4 days a week and who hasn't drawn a whole lot until she quit her day job three weeks ago, it means a lot. It feels like I'm starting off towards the right direction.

This week, however, is almost the exact opposite. I would rate it as a "3". Things are moving at a sloths pace as far as productivity goes. Of course the fact that I've had to take my roommate/best friend to the emergency room Tuesday, I still have to file my w2 form, I have packing that needs to be finished since my lease is up in a week and a half and I'll have to move out, and that I've also have been taking care of the business side of things this week...all of these things take time. I'm working on updating this website and improving things and I have a few different projects that are moving towards fruition--some of them are completely out of the blue, others that have been planned for almost a year now. There's a lot of exciting things I'm working on right now that I really can't talk about.

Which is why it's so frustrating when life interferes with my drawing time. But it's like working out. You push yourself hard and then that muscle needs a short rest before you build it up again.  As long as I push myself even harder next week, I can move to a heavier "weight" and last weeks "personal best" will seem a lot easier to pull off.  Right now though, I need to take care of all the other things I've been putting off all month so I can draw without that nagging feeling in the back of my head. :p

Alright, well I'm signing off. I need to get to bed so I can get up at four tomorrow and try again. 

Good Night!

Rachael


No comments: